View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3705259)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Peter Windsor on twitter with a comment about this.

The response today when an F1 luminary was asked privately how Mr E was doing: "He's setting-up a breakaway series". Don't laugh.

https://twitter.com/PeterDWindsor/st...503150592?s=09

while this seems unlikely i would like to see him try.

as Saward alludes to, BE 'abhors quiet electric cars and doesn’t want to become that kind of Mr E. He wants loud, noisy and dangerous machinery.'

if he does try this there is something very appealing about a v8/v10 series with little aero and other modern technical wizardry run by privateers and held at tracks that F1 wont or cant go to anymore.

get Ron and Flav on board, maybe snag a couple of soon to be retiring drivers like Alonso, Kimi, Massa, Button...nostalgia can be a powerful thing!

thinking about some of the other threads and the call for more support races...maybe this is something that Liberty should think about helping with as an event they could add to a GP weekend. it could help retain an older fan base that they risk losing in the face of the changes they plan on making.