View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:43 (Ref:3795817)   #479
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
the prototype stints are ridiculously short, just a bit more than 30 minutes. I think the teams are double stint the tyres, and that could cause the tyre's failures.
And to think that I was watching the ALMS when Audi R8s were able to go nearly an hour on a tank of fuel, and Tom Kristensen nearly won Mid-Ohio in '02 by milking almost 65 minutes out of a R8 and I just got done the other day watching Laguna Seca in '06 where Allan McNish did nearly 1:30 on a tank of fuel in a R10.

Mind you, those cars had 90 liters or fuel on board and the R10 was a diesel, but I think that 35 minute stints are a bit short.

However, LMP2s and DPIs are supposed to be making about 600bhp (a bit less than the R8 and R10), but that's a lot more than the old Nissan LMP2 V8s (450-480 or so), and more power means that you're burning more fuel.