View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2019, 22:02 (Ref:3890241)   #1662
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
You can't get rid of BoP in GT3 and GT4.
This isn't strictly about BOP, at least not BOP between GT3 makes.

There's a whole slew of Nurburgring-specific rules to slow the cars down - wings, ride height, power etc.

The issue here is that the GT3 cars have been hit with a 5% HP reduction. There are two complaints: first that it's pretty late to make such a change with the season barely two weeks away and second that it only applies to GT3 cars, meaning they risk struggling to pass Cup and GT4 cars.

The complaint about the lateness of the change seems reasonable. The concern about relative speeds I am willing to take the teams' word for. I fully appreciate the need to control speeds on the Ring, but it does seem that VLN have handled this rather clumsily.