Thread: Tony in trouble
View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2014, 14:27 (Ref:3443700)   #75
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Everyone participating and/or involved in the running of these types of events is fully aware that they should not do what Kevin Ward Jr did. I's nothing new. It's always been that way. Unfortunately people do things they're not supposed to do and expose themselves to grave danger in the process. We will never know why Kevin did what he did and I'm not sure it's possible to legislate something like this happening again.
I agree that you can never absolutely stop stuff like this, but I do think that stiff penalties can have a positive influence.

I can imagine scenarios today in which if someone confronts another driver on track, that later in the paddock, even if generally viewed as a bad thing, there is going to be a level of "attaboy", back slaps, thumbs up and high fives and ultimately some wrist slapping as punishment. What needs to happen is that when the driver gets back to the paddock, the reaction is "I can't believe you did that, you are really screwed!" The problem is that the practice is effectively only "frowned" upon officially and unofficially celebrated.

I would say a stiff penalty for first time offender such as removal from the racing series for period of time and that repeat offenders are eventually banned. Nobody should be walking around on a hot track ranting at other drivers. I don't want to accidently run someone down that is doing this. Take your arguments, etc. and settle them off the track.

Richard