Old 31 Mar 2011, 00:05 (Ref:2856147)   #1
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AIM Dataloggers

Hi!

After using Motec and Pi in a couple of teams I worked for, I decided to purchase AIM to work as a freelance data engineer (mostly for teams that doesnt have enough budget to pay a full time engineer)

The reason was simply price () , the chance to learn to use a different system and that there are no sellers I know for for Motec and Pi in Argentina...

The first issue I saw was that AIM dataloggers seem to be made for amateurs: not too many channels and not many memory. Once you raise datalogging frequency you have not much time to record. Connector quality is questionable, too.

I have purchased EVO4 (the best I could see on their page, it has integrated GPS and 3 axe accelerometer), it comes with MyCron3 dashboard, then I added:
- 2 brake pressure sensors
- 4 linear potentiometers
- throttle sensor
- 4 speed sensors
- steering wheel sensor

Of course that for all this I had to buy data hub and a channel expansion.

Then it happened that I thought I could connect the 4 speed sensors but I could not: you need a special cable to connect 2 sensors from the datalogger box.

The the lap beacon stopped working. I bought another but it doesnt work. I am splitting laps using GPS, but the drivers still cant see splits in the dash.

Now Im afraid the problem is in the box and the moron that sold the box to me will last 1 month to send it to Europe or the States to get it repaired, so Im using it without lap beacon .

Anyway, I will buy a current tester to check if some voltage is comming out the lap beacon connection pins.

Regarding the software, it has somethings better and somethings worse than the competition, just a matter of getting used.