View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3371545)   #265
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
When I had the time, I tried to watch as much free practice as I could (on the BBC - FREE practice). I felt that it gave me a lot more understanding and a feeling of a deeper involvement in the Grand Prix weekend.
A bit like many years ago, as a group of youngsters we would camp at the British GP, from about Tuesday before the race, even (sady) watch the transporters arrive and the teams set up camp & unload the cars. Thene there would be the unofficial (un-timed) practice sessions and the timed (qualifying) ones, all part of the build-up to the main feature - the Grand Prix itself.
As I say, this was when I was a youngster, and only had myself to worry about, so my time was my own. Now I'm a grown-up, with responsibilities to other family members, I can't always even justify the time to 'selfishly' wath the race, but that's my problem and not the fault of the BBC!