View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2020, 07:00 (Ref:3997772)   #42
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
shouldn't DYNAMICS be the one complaining then ?
When the FK8 was first introduced, TD had a few different ideas they were trying out. Some of these were connected to front end aero.
Neal said at the time - '[The team] was doing something with the first chassis which got ‘not allowed’ so they had to go back a few steps and redo it, which was a shame.'

Immediately after this, the car appeared in testing with a front end that was heavily blanked off:

When the car reached the first round, all of the blanking was removed, and TD ran with the 'open' fog light area. It is likely that TD sought all clarification at the time, and have moved on.

Possibly, BTC may have forgotten or overlooked this development of the car. When Crees was testing at Snetterton, he had a TD front bumper on his car which also had the fog light area partially blanked. They were obviously looking at the air flow around the lower extremities of the front end, and identified an area they could make gains. This has not been permitted by TOCA, hence it being BTC who have the issue and not TD.