View Single Post
Old 31 May 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3737736)   #354
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
I don't think there are, shall we say, ghosts, here that actually live in the past but come forward to post. I know I'm not one.

But no, I don't enjoy watching Pros at the Indy 500 running spec cars. That's greatfor amateur racing but not the 500. If you have that need for the orchestrated (by the spec venue...they better run close...theiy're all the same save the two engine choices) "competition", that's good for you. Where's the competition in one chassis, 2 engines? It's my proverbial "coin toss". Blaaahhhh.

(Psssstttt...again, no "panic" attack. 'Just a good natured one....)
Unfortunately, the IndyCar series is not in a position, where Pros can run in anything else but spec cars. I think some credit should be given for trying to make a spec series less of a spec series. Personally, I would like to see a return to something that resembled CART, with multiple chassis, engines and tyres but the finances are just not there.