View Single Post
Old 31 May 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3737745)   #356
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Unfortunately, the IndyCar series is not in a position, where Pros can run in anything else but spec cars. I think some credit should be given for trying to make a spec series less of a spec series. Personally, I would like to see a return to something that resembled CART, with multiple chassis, engines and tyres but the finances are just not there.
I understand the reasons. That doesn't mean I have to lower my standards on what I enjoy. I watch it still....just don't get excited about the "close" racing. (of course it is...they're all the same). NASCAR's gone down that road too. GARRA/IMSA was down it too but hopefully (key word) is making a u-turn.
'Part economical for the teams, but I think more to create that "close competition" to draw those behind the eyes that could care and/or know less about the vehicles themselves and so the "rolling billboards" get more exposure for the sponsors.... So be it.
I patiently (with little hope) await the return of real racing.

jimclark