View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2021, 12:31 (Ref:4036627)   #1110
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Richard, might be worth letting the CSCC office and wider membership know about that e-mail. It would be useful if we had some clarity on what was allowed or not, and the club may need to make a judgement on what it thinks the entry levels might be.

Good point, mate - I've messaged the Club. The point about the travel message only being revised to "stay local" is of course relevant.

It looks like Scotland will be slower than England to open up, although Sturgeon has been less clear on the detail, but I fear the Knockhill event on 1/2 May must also be in jeopardy.

Mike - I understand your concern - and equally Coppice's point about travel being only a slight risk of being a spreading agent. I think more pertinent is that (idiotic enforcement of "rules" such as you can't sit on a park bench aside) it is generally accepted that the risk of transmission outdoors - particularly if everyone in the paddock is masked - is extremely low - indeed one expert was stating last week that there was no recorded case of anyone contracting the disease from the "crowded beach" scenarios we saw last year. He may well have been over-stating the case, but motorsport has generally been diligent in protecting its participants.

EDIT: Just had a reply from CSCC " you are right about both events (Oulton and Knockhill) and accommodation concerns, rest assured it's our no.1 priority at present. " As I thought they are on the case, but what they can do, I don't know.

I note that CSCC have also just issued a warning to people NOT to book or attend testing sessions prior to March 29th.

Last edited by Lancsbreaker; 24 Feb 2021 at 12:46.