View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2020, 09:03 (Ref:4018367)   #41
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
This season racing has proved it with racing going on quite happily behind closed doors. If you weren't there the average club driver wouldn't even notice, let alone care, and the circuits would save money by not having gate staff, security, toilet cleaners…
Motor racing is for the driver/entrant not the spectator. The fact that some people enjoy watching it is by the bye; until said spectators pay for me to drive what they want to see, I will drive what I want to drive, it's my money I'm spending.
My opinion too. I now drive cars I used to drive in the '70s/80's and barely noticed that now there are almost no spectators. And I dont care cose I race for my pleasure only and feel no shame for this.

When you know what it takes to race a classic car if the organizer add few quids to the entry fee to balance the lack of spectators while remaining profitable, fair enough, good for me.

Times have changed may be its the right moment to write another book, testimony of an era. Or select carefully the races you like, with no replicas…