View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2006, 08:47 (Ref:1527740)   #11
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They've got all those I would consider greats up there. Monaco 1982 was fantastic edge of the seat stuff. I know I'm a little biased here because Derek Daly 'nearly' won it. Can you imagine if he had :-) I remember Murray Walker up to Mach 9 towards the end of the race.
That last lap slipstreaming through the Parabolica in 1971 and fan-out to Peter Gethin's photo-finish win was amazing too, you only get that in karting now... but the real essence of Formula 1 at its best was Dijon in 1979. Back then, it was inevitable that two of the wildest drivers ever would lock horns and when they did, Rene Arnoux and Gilles Villeneuve didn't disappoint. This reminds me, its so long since I've seen that race, I gotta get a hold of a tape of it to confirm how fabulous Formula One RACING can actually be.