Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3342424)   #65
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Martin Whitmarsh fears that it may be difficult to impliment a budget cap. Surprise surprise and who will be the first team to be found with a bag of cash for something outside the cap?
I suspect it will be difficult to impliment the cost cap especially with teams who don't want it.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111808
Yep, this is going to be another one where the regulators think they are going to be smart enough to police this. It is going to be very interesting to see what actually falls within the regulated budget to be submitted..

In the past when cost cutting has been raised, teams have wanted drivers salaries excluded.

I can also see teams arguing that R&D for the following years car should not be counted in the current years team running budget

Couple of things we need to look out for..

A figure of £40M -£50M has been mentioned in the past as a possible budget, I can't see teams agreeing to this now, it would mean the big teams employing 500-600 people would probably have to reduce their staff by 50% to keep overall costs within the cap. So I think £70M to £80M is more likely in year 1.

Loopholes, I am sure that teams will see if there are legitimate accounting ways they can still spend more than the cap, but keep the accounts within budget, so will we see things like divisions of the team (e.g. composites, wind tunnel, design office) hived off into separate companies who bill the main F1 team at less than cost for goods and services?