Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2015, 17:18 (Ref:3523860)   #292
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I believe Scott Atherton put out a statement about IMSA looking towards a GT3 Sprint series (if that isn't the kiss of death .... )

On the other hand, SRO (Stephane Ratell) and PWC have just singed a multi-year agreement to do GT3 series, so teams in PWC could conceivably expand to Europe or vice-versa.

It seems both sanctioning bodies are counting on a swell of the GT3 ranks ... this being north American sportcs car racing, the most likely outcome is that both series fail.
I just can't see that happen the idea seems terrible. What is more likely is that you could see the current GTD category run its own race or run with just the LMPC cars. Perhaps what can be done to is you can restrict the ride height and decrease the air restrictor of the LMPC cars next year to balance their speed with the GT3's and you can have battles for overall wins between the two categories. Which could get the Bentley boys more interested in running among others who don't want to be in the secondary class all the time. That is not difficult by the way. The LMPC cars before their Sebring AoP changes are probably pretty darn close to GT3 speeds.

The only events you really need to have all 4 classes run together in 2016 are the 4 NAEC races, Road America, and COTA. I know there are a lot of you "it has to be all four classes running together in every race" type. But trust me these 6 races are enough. The other events can be split and give a unique feel to it. This is not a radical idea folks. It was common right up until the formation of the ALMS.

Last edited by jasonjessica09; 4 Apr 2015 at 17:25.