View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:03 (Ref:3917568)   #22
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Actually WTR might have a problem getting cash if the new cars are a lot more expensive because the team has to pay for the car before it can hire drivers .... In any case, while one could characterize Wayne Taylor's comments as "whining" once could also describe them as a long-time racer and team owner's comments on the proposed significant cost increase in a class which doesn't seem to attract a lot of new sponsor dollars. It just depends on one's bias. And frankly, I wouldn't doubt that it would be hard for Any team to double its costs .... and if I were a team owner I might prefer a lower-tech, cheaper alternative as well. No reason I can see to criticize Wayne Taylor because of his comments.
I would be ok with that if he doesn't at the same time lobby to be the chosen GM partner. He was and got the benefits of that. Pretending he didn't get paid handsomely to test is wanting to believe him as "poor." He was THE testing partner and put the car out front, to think GM wouldn't take him on again as the testing partner is delusional. Now GM would be better suited to run AXR and Derani as their test team but GM is lazy and goes with their past relationships.

And keep in mind this guy also runs multiple Lamborghini Super Trofeo cars and lobbied Lamborghini for the factory GTLM program to be built up. He's not the tiny team owner running out of a trailer, it's a LARGE race team.