Thread: LM24 LMGT's @ Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2004, 16:10 (Ref:938474)   #1
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LMGT's @ Le Mans

In my humble, yet controversial opinion, i think Le Mans is in a strong enough position to drop the GT class. There is more than enough Prototype interest in LMP1 and LMP2 , and the road car fans can go nuts over GTS. Forget about unreliability , and only seeing 10 cars on a sunday morning, that used to be part of the 24 hours charm. Reliability nowadays is much better than it used to be. I know the ACO might be worried about turning away GT's , as they may need to rely on them in future, but whilst you have a fair number of prototypes racing , these surely are the cars we want to see. Hearing about LMP1 prototypes being turned away ( RFH, Autocon, Goddard etc )just to fill the grid with endless GT3 porsches that you can see umpteen times a year in national GT racing makes me mad. Being English i love the Morgan and TVR , but i would rather watch and hear a Judd v10 or Ford V8 rip past me. Le Mans shouldn't be a car showroom event, Le Mans should be for the Fastest beasts on Earth. Rant Over. Sorry.