Old 27 Aug 2017, 22:15 (Ref:3762174)   #107
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Where to start!

A Camry/Aurion until recently was still a locally made car, and super reliable.

Holden with limited recalls? Because they refuse to take responsibility for their cars like Captiva (etc)? https://www.productreview.com.au/p/2....html?rating=1

Anyway the idea of blindly sticking to local large sedan cars when you could be driving an imported Lexus GS430 or Honda Legend large sedan seems ridiculous to me (yes they will have defective Takata airbags, but so do BMWs and Ferraris -- Takata are a huge supplier for all brands of car.) You surely have to give the Japanese options full consideration -- surely? [Of course that only applies if you are looking at the Calais or G6 that is directly comparable to the Lexus GS and Legend , of course a HSV with a manual transmission is a different beast altogether. ]
I think the fact that you are more a fan of import is showing, you cant make comparisons if you aren't going to blame Honda, Ferrari all those with Takata airbags. All I see is people believing what the media tells them, not actual solid fact, media don't care who they knock to get views. Ford and Holden also run independent componentry but I suppose, given that we have to overlook that and blame them, then we better ignore the fact that airbags are dodgy, its not the airbag its the company who makes the car. The whole Ford and Holden have horrible cars is ridiculous, yes they have made bad cars but if you name company who hasn't then I'd be amazed, as there is not a single one, regardless. Any car can be bad, just depends on how much of a bucktooth bogan you are, and a lot that come into Ford and Holden with a 'faulty' car look like a brick has been smashed in their face twenty times.

Last edited by mceci1; 27 Aug 2017 at 22:21.