View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2021, 01:53 (Ref:4060879)   #13
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
The point is that last year it was only Scotty that was leading the way for the Mustangs yet we had this big parity review even though everybody knew that he was going to the States to race this year, now the situation is reversed so when is the 2021 parity correction coming?
I (genuinely) couldn't give a rats about one make or the other when it comes to parity discussions - as long as parity is managed well then happy days from my point of view, so I ask this in a non-partisan way.

Was there really a big parity review in 2020? There certainly was one in 2019, leading into the start of 2020 but pretty much little on that front since then.

Parity has never been about wins but opportunity to win - if a team or teams does a better job with paritised machinery, good on them but if the parity pendulum has swung too far and favouring all teams with one make more than the other, then it seems like an adjustment could be due.

DJR/Scotty was a team at the top of its game, as is 888. With (so far) no other teams regardless of brand stepping up to 888's level, hard to justify any calls for parity when it appears that team performance is the key.