View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3722463)   #9
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
So, are you guys playing FIA Fantasy Rallycross? I was thinking about which predictions to set.

- Solberg is a great driver, but the car is new and untested. I am rooting for him, but it's going to be interesting. I saw an interview with the VW development leader and he did not come across as very confident, particularly for a multiple WRC winning team.
I'm rooting for Solberg as well, though the unproved car is a concern. VW Motorsport have a pretty solid track record when it comes to producing competition cars though, so I'd be more surprised if the car was rubbish than if it's really quick...

...I guess the biggest question mark for the Solberg/Polo combination is whether the car fits his driving style. The handful of clips of Petter from Buxtehude showed the car pretty sideways, so perhaps he has got his way with the setup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
... But what about Peugeot? Anyone hear what they are doing?
One of the articles I read online (sorry, can't remember which one!) suggested that Timmy Hansen and Loeb would be "new" 2017 cars, where Kevin Hansen would be in an upgraded 2016 car. I can't see that verified anywhere at the moment, though the sale of several Hansen 208's over the winter would support this theory.

If I had to put money on it, then I think Ekstrom or Bakkerud are the safest bet for a top podium spot.