View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2017, 20:38 (Ref:3751524)   #2081
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The little Lola was on display at the Club's stand at the Chateax and glorious weather gathered a lot of people to this venue, and we had our fair share too on the stand.
I took the bodywork off the car to show the Lola naked, and this drew a lot of people, a lot of questions, a lot of boy (old and young) to sit in the car and I hope some who will come to our own hill climb venue!

All the PR work is very tiring, but great fun.

Today was a one-day clubbie at Loton Park, no agenda, just a bit of fun and time to try the gear change ghosts that are bugging me.

Wet start, but we have just laid a whole new surface on the mile long hill and it was certainly slippy! Clocked a very cautious 71 second run as first practice, and I was not alone in a very amalgamated class of me and 3 single seaters.
Second run was now quite dry, so time to push a bit harder, and clocked58.69 but a stunning 1.99 second start time to cover the first 64 feet, so just over 1G of acceleration. Managed to get second from first quite well. Rest of the run was still a bit cautious, but sound.

The meeting was stopped for one hour while a wedding took place (the village church is but 200m from the start line....) and the married couple took their Morgan topless up the hill climb to much cheer and waving. Never seen that before.

Race run resumed and I got stuck-in.
Netted a nice 56.83 and a better start of 1.95, ballistic!
pb is 56.79, so chuffed to be so close with the worry of a virgin track and fears of the unknown grip!

Things will be totally quiet now until Prescott hill on the 2/3rd Sept, the last but one of the Midland Championship, the final being at Loton Park and celebrated with a hog roast!

Time to enjoy watching some motorsport in the old 911, but going to watch some nostalgic Drag Racing and hot Rods tomorrow, back to the roots of my youth!

Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0001.JPG