View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3801496)   #30
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guys,

I've tried motor sport and I thought, too much money involved, too much development, not sustainable if you can't follow the development game and so on. I then switched to other sports, endurance running first and then triathlon. I figured out it's the same everywhere and as one said once, it's all about what you are ready to do perform and what you will be satisfied with. I just figured out I love competing and just like a good engine is part of a performance it's also about getting the whole package right. No win comes from a single parameter, it's all of them altogether that produces the result so in my case, coaching, training, food, recovery, shoes, bike, and so on all have a part to play into the game. And it will always be like this, anywhere. It's not because it look simple or cheap that it will be..!

Back to motor sport and here speaking. The good point from REV limits is that it will stop the nonsense of people selling REVS to their customers. REVS are costly but as Zef' figured out and he knows his thing, it's torque that gets you out of the corners, and it was already the case back in 1965 as Carroll would say.

What I think will come out is more camshaft work and another way to develop and sell. The good guys have already been on torque for years so that's not going to change the order but in a way, the nonsense of a twin-cam with extra 200 REVS and supposedly 2HP more will stop.

Other than REVS, what really sticks out of the establishment to me is the freeing of exhaust manifolds on Mustangs in Masters Pre-66 TCs. Freeing this parameter might bring Mustangs closer to the Falcons, strangely some were already ahead but now these being fully free and I mean only controlled by the words "may use fabricated tubular steel exhaust headers but are not required to do so". That can cause serious developments... Way more serious than the wildest homologated tubular manifold on a Falcon...

Control is a lifestyle, it must be anytime, anyday and with common sense, that's what regulations are for. Freeing one or another parameter may well produce the needed result but there are always further implications just like there are afterthoughts to any decision..!