Old 12 Jul 2007, 23:08 (Ref:1962018)   #5
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Leason "ill" again this weekend?

edit: my hunch was correct
Quote:
Leason has put his Lexus drive in The Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship on hold as the Team try to make the cars reliable and vows he will return. Leason has unfortunately struggled this year with reliability problems with the Lexus as Team BTC Racing try to develop the cars to be competitive.

Leason added “Unfortunately it has not gone our way and has got to the stage were I just can’t continue the way it is and it made me see that when I had to miss Oulton Park due to illness. We still have major issues with engines and its reliability through the race weekend and sadly it is just not viable financially or practically for me to continue until we have solved this problem. It is so easy to want to take part every round as it is such a great championship and you just want to be part of it, but we need to get the car to the finish and it is just so frustrating for the whole Team every time it is parked up in the pit garage as we have all worked so hard to be here on the grid.. The team will continue to work hard to resolve this which they hope to do by continuing to try to run Chris and concentrate on one car. I vow I will return, and hopefully soon if we can get it right!

On the funny side the press release going out on Friday 13th goes well with the luck I have had this season, but I do look forward to it changing and for the better……”

Leason will still be attending this weekend at Donington for rounds 16/17/18.

Last edited by cos; 12 Jul 2007 at 23:13.