View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2011, 01:23 (Ref:2956180)   #1254
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I know I have the minority opinion on this, but I'm not so sure that the diesels have some sort of "unfair advantage." Ok, they have tons more money than everyone else, but that is not a problem with the rules. I don't know if the rules right now are right, but as I have always said, I know the rules will be wrong if teams like Rebellion and OAK are running equal lap times (assuming they are running their current equipment) to the diesel giants.
I agree up to a point (and so does Henri Pescarolo actually - he said after Le Mans that he doesn't expect to run the same laptimes, just to be close enough to pick up the pieces if the factories do run into trouble). We will never see how equivalent the rules actually are until there is a petrol LMP developed with the same kind of budget. But right now the situation is so that even when the diesels have massive problems, they can usually catch back up to the petrol cars again with ease. That can't be right.