View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2011, 15:58 (Ref:2956459)   #1260
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
This is a copy of what I just posted in the ALMS thread as it is more relavent here:

"I really don't think the diesels should be pegged back further. If anything the petrol cars should have a restrictor break. We saw at Silverstone that the Diesels are barely faster than a 25 year old group C car running in historic racing.
I was watching the RLM review of Le Mans 1990 the other week, the commentators were marvelling at the Brun 962C and Nissan R90C being the quickest cars on track. They were running mid to low 3.40's but to be competivie these days you need to be caplable of 3.30 and under.

Look at any formula, ultimate one lap/stage pace isn't a great deal quicker than twenty years back but consistancy and efficiency are in a different league. Decision makers also need to factor in the greater rate of development in modern racing, i.e this years smaller engined P1's lapping as quickly as previous seasons

Last edited by JAG; 16 Sep 2011 at 16:10.