View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2019, 02:24 (Ref:3887444)   #41
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I doubt that race tracks have ever moved spectators closer. Thst all looks like increased run off and i have every expectation thst the armco will be moved back next.
It was run-off area Andy. The armco has just been moved up to trackside by this work.

The apparent problem if the run-off area ended up at the pedestrian bridge structure which was not ideal for start line shunts. Nor, presumably, if they ever use the short circuit again, avoiding the hairpin.

Then again a start line shunt constrained by armco on both sides of the tarmac might not be ideal either. Hopefully we will never find out.

With the chance of Rallycross returning being non-existent the sections of off-tarmac surface have been eliminated.

In fact last year an area behind the armco at the end end of Stebbe Straight that I had never seen unrestricted was opened out for public access. I was quite surprised but did not have an opportunity to make use of it then. Access from the paddock only of course.