View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2009, 14:13 (Ref:2545055)   #52
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WA ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Im not actually disagreeing with you, But if you think what you just said. 3 million people, at $10 per head thats $30 million people, small price to pay to update an out of date racing circuit and for the record the WA surplus this year is over $600 million with an $8.3 Billion (note the "B") infrastructure spending. Now tell me why they cant kick in some money to support motorsport, they support other sports, they support the arts, and they have a $559 million recreation and culture budget

oh yeah so how does that make TC a bully when thats who he is fighting against. The oily wheel get the oil
peck, I'm sure you are aware TC & his cohorts have been trying for years to get into the WA taxpayers purse & been rejected, rejected, rejected .... he fails to understand the WA economy is not tourist based & going back to the WRC the sponsorship had primarily an international target (not delivered by V8SC).

IF, IF V8SC does not run in WA it will have a detrimental effect on the funding of the teams. How long will the team owners cop this?

And peck, the new proposed Aussie Rules stadium is no more & they get 30k+ punters to 22 games thru winter, 20 against interstate clubs ... I hope the WASCC get Wanneroo upgraded but 'wise men from the east' are not well received in many quarters in WA & I'd suggest TC retain a local spin doctor if he is to have any chance.