View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2009, 23:53 (Ref:2546335)   #67
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
And the tracks want the focus on spectator upgrades? Like the fantastic ARDC spectator upgrades at the Creek???? The tracks, as you (and a couple of "Tontos") have pointed out numerous times, are booked solid all year and making terrific profits without Supercars.

So how much of these profits are being spent back on the "bread and butter racer" that is the sports backbone?? What facility upgrades and improvements are being carried out by the apparently faultless track owners and managers? Considering Supercars are a once a year "highlight" and not the life line and financial provider the weekly racer is, why are they not looked after by the tracks?
IMHO from all my travels around the world, Australian tracks leave a lot on the table in regards to customer service. In other words, customer service sucks in many cases. Whether as a competitor or a fan, the customer isn't considered important except for the money they have in hand. Not the way to go I think.

Probably I am spoiled by too many of the tracks I visit in America for work, where whether you are at the bottom or the top of the ladder you are treated as a guest and welcomed. Toilets are clean, food service is good, the pit and paddock is clean and kept up, etc. Paint and some toilet cleaner don't cost that much folks.

People will argue the point but I think by making some basic investments in certain areas, the tracks can realize more revenue. As a racer I don't like going to places that are a dump with the track falling apart and the paddock being a mess. And as a fan I don't like going to tracks that have no place to sit, crap food and overflowing toilets. If I feel that way, I'm sure others do as well and in many cases take their money elsewhere.