View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3842135)   #21
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
The corner worker situation must not be overlooked. VIR has more stations and they usually rotate workers through out the week of the Runoffs so one worker doesn't work everyday. I already know of 4 people other than myself who will be working the Runoffs over PLM and the one lives less than an hour from Road Atlanta. I honestly believe this wouldn't be an issue at all of IMSA allowed the corner workers to do our job which would also help the overall racing too.

Now for the overlap it will depend on the support series running and how many of those drivers are also regular SCCA drivers also. As more than likely PLM will be the finally for any support series. If a driver isn't in the running for a title and has a shot at a Runoffs win they will more than likely go for the Runoffs to save money and have a shot at a Runoffs win.
At the risk of going too far off topic, can you elaborate on the constraints IMSA has on corner workers?

I agree about the draw on workers and potentially drivers, but also the contingency support people, i.e. tires, brakes, lubricants, electronics, etc.