View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3874288)   #23
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I've been hesitant to wade in on this, but I don't think I can ignore it much longer. I'm trying to not fall into the trap of "Back in my day..." but things that might have been left unsaid before now aren't. Opinions, backsides, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I feel like there's a line that's been crossed. We're all aware they have opinions, and in previous years I've really enjoyed listening to those opinions. I think sometimes an opinion really adds to the discussion because it's usually followed by some sound reasoning that more often than not can change my own opinion on a situation.
And this is why Sam Collins has been such a big miss recently. At least I hope the refuse collection in his constituency is being sorted now!

Quote:
It's like they're playing up the funny characters they've been given.
Flandersation in action, right here. It also comes with the worrying implication that this made-for-retweets style of debate is necessary, because either they or someone above them believes what is happening on track is not good enough. And I completely agree that it is industry-wide; it's become a thing of late to simply shout louder (or the sportscar equivalent - talk down to and interrupt) when you believe your opinion takes precedence.

Last edited by J Jay; 6 Jan 2019 at 14:50.