Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3876088)   #3417
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Bigger possibility?
Than most people realize. Nothing more.

Quote:
Bigger possibility than Yamaha?
Well, Yamaha doesn't make ANY cars- ...erm, any ROAD cars(I'm not sure if the R1DT should be classified as a car or a performance ATV, but it certainly isn't a ROADcar) anywhere in the world, so... yeah - if I seriously believed Suzuki was a possibility I would indeed consider them a bigger possibility than Yamaha simply because Suzuki has something to market.

It wouldn't make much sense since they have no cars to market in America, but there's still more for Suzuki to market via DPi than there would be for Yamaha.

Quote:
The club racing business would make them a possibility to field a DPI?
Not even remotely.

Quote:
Looking forward to the ROI math on this one.
There is no ROI. You see, you don't appear to have quite grasped the point of my post. I'm questioning if you even read it in it's entirety considering you quoted, and yet seem to have completely ignored, a rather important line in the post: "I don't think it's actually them(though at this time I don't think it's ANYONE)"

I never, at any point, seriously posited the notion that Suzuki was a legitimate possibility - I was pointing out the absurdity of making assumptions based on how little information was being given. The information is so incomplete that it could apply to companies where the very notion of them participating is ludicrous. The points I raised were all accurate summaries of how Suzuki, in theory, lines up with what little we know, but is obviously beyond unlikely.

I've been very cynical of these "evaluation" stories for a while now and for good reason. This was simply another expression of that cynicism.

It appears most other people realized that, as you're the only one who seems to have taken the comments seriously.