Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3894528)   #3440
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
You mustn't overlook the fact the we don't know how the F1 team is funded. I suspect that Daimler Benz actually provides some funding for the team, and this is borne out somewhat because we know that the main board of Daimler had to be pushed very hard to agree to continue funding and participating in F1 when the new PU regulations were decided, and they only agreed after the team were able to predict that the new PUs would be considerably more fuel efficient.
I would be shocked if Daimler Benz doesn't provide money to the team. I also don't know if funding is included in the info that would be tracked within the cost cap system data. I expect the will need to document "how" they spend their budget on the capped items. All to ensure they don't spend beyond the caps. Funding data could remain private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
And I would further surmise that, like Renault, their accounting does form some part of the whole group's finances. As Renault has said, we need to balance the cost of F1 against how the group is performing, and especially when they are making workers redundant in the road vehicle plants.
Yes. the accounting figures would role up to the larger group that owns the teams. I am not an accountant, but at more of summary level. More like P&L type of thing.

Richard