View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2019, 23:06 (Ref:3923458)   #46
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thankfully we can have a reasonable discussion here. Every time it makes it to an article on Racer it becomes the don't race if you're afraid bs. The track isn't faster than Indy but when things happen at Indy you don't see cars climb the fence, the walls seem to bring the car back down. There's just something about Pocono that leads drivers to be "braver" possibly crazier with all that real estate going in to the Tunnel turn and mid-corner realize that move wasn't going to work. I think sadly Indy cars have just out grown the track as it is now, but I think Texas is close to the same boat but newer so some things are upgraded. I think Indy having to step in and stop this repair last season may be the sign this is over and no news announcement of an extension at the track is not a good sign for the track and they lost the second Cup date for 2020 too. Picture from Robin Miller's article this afternoon on Racer.