View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2019, 23:03 (Ref:3887881)   #1
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
found photos I took at the 1981 Canadian GP

haven't come on here in ages
cheers to anyone from the early days of this forum

while going through photos to scan from a box my father had put things in, I discovered prints from the 81 race. The 80 race had been a weird one, with snow coming down and I remember having to wear winter clothes and a wool hat.
The 81 race had those pretty yellow and black Renaults, the gold and black Lotus, the new CF chassis McLaren , and Gilles Villeneuve driving his car around in the rain with a damaged front wing that at one point flipped up and was blocking his view, but he kept driving around and it luckily broke off so he didnt get black flagged, and he came in third.

so long ago.

pretty crap photos, but fun to see again as I hadnt seen them for probably 30 years, and fun to see the one shot of Villeneuve oversteering around the hairpin for fun during one of the practice sessions I think.
Would be only 8 months later when he died. And the following Canadian GP in 82 had that horrible start line crash and fire that was sickening to watch.
Attached Thumbnails
1981_CanadaF1_049.jpg   1981_CanadaF1_050.jpg   1981_CanadaF1_051.jpg