View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2015, 07:58 (Ref:3552923)   #479
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For anyone who missed it, this is the official line from LDM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Doran Facebook
FIA World Rallycross Championship competitor Liam Doran regrets to announce that he will be unable to contest this weekend’s round of the 2015 championship this weekend in Germany. The decision was taken out of the 28-year-old driver’s hands following a shipping and customs delay with vital components for his Citroen DS3 Supercar, which were returning from the recent X-Games competition in Austin, Texas, USA.

“I’m gutted to miss round five of WorldRX like this. We were ready to race, the team trucks and pit awning were in place in the paddock in Germany, and now we’ve been forced out because of technicality on scrutineering times."

“The whole team has worked relentlessly to run a car in the USA at X Games and then haul back to Europe for the World Championship. We also rebuilt the car to meet regulation changes and have worked to a very tight schedule. It’s frustrating to say the least.

“I was really looking forward to driving at the Estering, it’s one of the oldest and fastest circuits on the calendar as well as being a fantastic venue where I’ve enjoyed strong results. It’s out of my control to change now, which makes it all the worse. All I can do is look ahead to Höljes. Even though I can’t drive [here in Germany], I’ll be in the paddock at the Estering, and I want to wish my Monster Energy team mate Petter Solberg the best of luck for the weekend.”

Further details will be released over the weekend, however Liam will be back in action at the World RX of Sweden on the 3rd – 5th July.
If the above is true then that's the second time a US event has proved detrimental to his Championship efforts: the question has got to be asked whether the US appearances are really worth the hassle.