Thread: DTM 2019
View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3922221)   #167
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just had my first taste of DTM at Brands and sum what mixed feelings from the day.

First off, the new breed of DTM cars are fast, really really fast!! Standing trackside it just bends the mind to see how late on brakes and early on throttle they are. But, this is also seamed to be a big problem in terms of the racing or lack off. All the action seamed to be focused around the pit stops and the mix of cars on old / new tyres. Apart from that, it was all very much as you were apart from the odd manover here n there. There just didn't seam to be a way to overtake. Maybe I'm too used to the BTCC door banging.

Also the timetable was a bit odd, the DTM race could have been held later in the afternoon as it was very noticeable how many people left after that was finished.

Last point from me, considering the scale of the DTM,it surprised me how little the manufacturers had to show off. Audi had a stand with one of last year's RS5's and a R8 V10, BMW had a 8 series and a M4 to Taxi on show and that was it. Nothing from Aston Martin. Compared to what you see when the Blancpain are in town, it was very poor.