Thread: New SUVs
View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2019, 06:02 (Ref:3914056)   #220
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
In my book, an ‘SUV’ should be circa 5m long, approaching 2m tall, have a square back end, 4WD, good approach and departure angles, plus high ground clearance. And be able to tow 3.5 tonnes.

Anything else is a Chelsea tractor.......
I get you - and broadly am in agreement with the definition of SUV that you give. I fear though, that we are both thinking that an SUV is an off-road vehicle primarily that can also be driven on road.

As an absolute minimum though, I think that to qualify as an SUV then a 4WD option must be available in the line up.

IMO, overall height has no relevance to qualifying as an SUV, but it is also worth noting that Kia do not refer to the XCeed as an SUV, but call it a CUV.

I don't think we need a CUV thread - but maybe we have to accept Crossovers in the same thread as SUVs, and take the manufacturers model range as our guide?

Ceed - Hatchback
XCeed - CUV

2008 - SUV
208 - Hatchback

Golf - Hatchback
T-Roc -SUV