View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2023, 06:05 (Ref:4185420)   #210
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well it's happened. The Hemi has been killed off. Charger/Challenger were already culled from the V8 list, V6 returns instead of electric only.

But now, 2025 Ram drops the Hemi entirely for 3.0 I6, with 2 big fans attached. And full electric and the Ramcharger name returns for the electric Ram with range extender engine. Oh, that range extender is the base 3.6 V6. Well, that's a way to install an extender. No word on if it's V6 to generator and electric motors or basically an E mode hybrid drivetrain.

Edit, found Ram confirmation. It literally is the electric Ram with a V6 under the hood too. So basically 2 trucks and no frunk. But really, we need the Pentastar as the range extender engine?
Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a new truck at 8% interest shortly. I would have saved so much money buying last year but my frugalness bites me in the ass again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I have been waiting on one of y'all to comment on this. Getting rid of the hemi is sad, but the V6 to charge the batteries seems like overkill? I mean do they just have a lot of those sitting around and so we're trying to find uses for them? I like the idea of a range extender, but that does not seem like the best option.
It was supposed to happen last year but we got a 1 year stay of execution. I'm not an anti-environmentalist but I want no part. Mostly because I know my way around a pushrod V8 more than anything else. Bring zipties, duct tape, and a hammer and we can confidently cross the US.