Thread: IMSA Race 2019 Rolex 24 at Daytona
View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2019, 14:59 (Ref:3880434)   #1326
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I agree it should be moved up by a week to be closer with NASCAR speedweeks. Doubt any of us cares much about american football. I don't see the conflict myself. Having it a week later gives us a few more minutes of daylight racing too.
It's not the matter of fans not caring, although I'd posit many of the at the track fans would not be there Super Bowl weekend, it's the upper management guys with the big fat checks won't be there. If you think anyone from GM would be at the Rolex over the Super Bowl you're crazy. They spend a decent amount racing, they spend a TON more getting their cars in the NFL ads, last estimate was 5 million for a 30 second ad so I'm guessing more spent just next Sunday than the entire GM racing program. The Super Bowl week has hundreds of business meetings and mini conferences all week and is a time to wine and dine business contacts.

Plus, watch NBCSN's schedule this week and weekend. They aren't showing the game but I'll bet most of the days are football preview and talk related. The years they get the actual game? Sorry, the Rolex24 is NOT getting on TV that Sunday at all