Thread: IMSA Race 2019 Rolex 24 at Daytona
View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2019, 22:46 (Ref:3880524)   #1332
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
There are multiple studies to show nothing gets done after about 3 on "Super Sunday."
Luckily the race ends at 2:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I despise the current nascar product as much as the next, but statements like this don't really boost any arguements for or against drainage improvement or make you seem classier because you hate nascar.
I think you're seeing what you want to on this one. Would you prefer the example of Texas Motor Speedway renovating the entire track after they had to postpone an IndyCar race months because it took literal days for the track to completely dry? I can't think of a situation where oval racing and road racing would have contradictory desires on this. Homestead does flood terribly too though.

You just have to think there's some sort of option besides a 24h race with what seems like about a 50/50 chance of 6 hours of red flag every year, but I guess if it isn't affecting the gate it doesn't matter.