Thread: IMSA Race 2019 Rolex 24 at Daytona
View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2019, 23:38 (Ref:3880532)   #1333
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Luckily the race ends at 2:30

This matters not and some will never understand, which I totally respect. Seriously.

Quote:

I think you're seeing what you want to on this one. Would you prefer the example of Texas Motor Speedway renovating the entire track after they had to postpone an IndyCar race months because it took literal days for the track to completely dry? I can't think of a situation where oval racing and road racing would have contradictory desires on this. Homestead does flood terribly too though.
Are you telling me french drains, the likes of which were installed at Texas might work? Maybe so. Those drains have to drain somehere which is the bigger issue.

And I never mentioned a distinction between speedway series and road racing series. Track drainage is track drainage so I pointed out there's no need to disparage another user of a facility to make some other point.

Quote:
You just have to think there's some sort of option besides a 24h race with what seems like about a 50/50 chance of 6 hours of red flag every year, but I guess if it isn't affecting the gate it doesn't matter.
50/50? When was the last red flag? 2004? Hardly 50/50 chance but it is Florida. I don't think you're escaping weather threats not matter what week you choose.