Thread: IMSA Race 2019 Rolex 24 at Daytona
View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3881662)   #1346
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Two big albums of my wet and wonderful trip to Daytona.

Start to dusk: https://bit.ly/2UBHJtK
Night to finish: https://bit.ly/2Smv1Bn

Some caveats:

- I'm a fan with a camera, not an expert photographer
- I take a lot of photos, these are big albums!
- All pics are cropped and resized but otherwise unedited

The first album is a full 'circuit' of the spectator areas: pre-race and start from in the huge stand and then a walk around the infield, between 2pm and dusk at 6pm (plus some pics of the heritage laps earlier in the day).

The second album is that same 'circuit' after dark, to about 10pm, then from 5am until I bailed out, soaked to the skin, at about 11am.

In the very early hours between 5am and the first red flag just before dawn I was able to watch from a sheltered spot at the back of the lower tier of the stand just above turn one, watching car after car pirouette off.

When racing resumed I braved the infield, but it was very hard to take pictures. I was woefully under-dressed and had my camera wrapped in a towel borrowed from my hotel! The rain was driving right into the lens. But you will certainly get an accurate impression of the truly miserable conditions - the pictures taken at 10am are gloomy and dark, visibility was awful and there was a lot of water on the track. Oddly enough I have a lot more sympathy for the drivers having gone through these photos than I did at the time!

Next up, my first trip to Sebring :-)
I just thumbed through. Nicely done! Thx for sharing!