View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2018, 09:31 (Ref:3846476)   #46
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
I was there all 3 days and have to agree the V8 races were a bit ho-hum.
But you get that in racing, not all races are going to be edge of your seat excitement.
Unfortunately for Ford fans, the weekend was about chasing 888 and failing.

Parity can't be totally to blame, because Saturdays 20lap Porsche race was fantastic to watch.
FF put on a good show too.

The place needs a little more shade around the place. Trees will assist with the dust issue also. There are some long walks across rough terrain which I'm sure will be addressed in time. I was concerned for some of the older folks with the walking, maybe some temporary seating would have helped to give people places to rest as they make their way to their destination.
Wind was crisp but the sun was warm. More toilet facilities required I think. I spent a bit of time Friday on the mound at T14/15/16 which was a decent viewing spot but no toilet close by (this was where the biggest bar was too ironically). With large grids spreading out throughout the race, you could look across at the run between T13 and 14 and behind see cars racing between T5 and 6, then behind that you could see them between T6 and 7 and then further back again moving between 9 and 10.
With GA tickets I had no access to the building so will have to return on a "lesser" weekend for a look, but I comfortably watched Sundays qualifying from behind the RedBull pit bays (my son was standing close by doing the same with DJR garage) and was impressed with the garage sizes and access. Further back from the track, other categories also seemed to be looked after well with good sized permanent garages and plenty of room to move about.
Overall an impressive place, I look forward to watching it continue to develop.
I was there all three days as well and quite enjoyed the weekend.

Fantastic facility and the support classes provided some great racing.

Perhaps a reminder to Australian Motor Sport fans that racing exists outside of Supercars!

Probably the place needs a bit of fine tuning to appeal to trackside fans. More big screens, higher spectator mounds etc.

Year two (of Supercars) will provide a better test when we see how many fans return, curiosity would have been a factor this year.

Apparently it took some time to get out of the car parks but once on the Highway traffic moved OK.

Overall though an 8 out 10