View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 2018, 03:07 (Ref:3846645)   #50
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Yeah the TB 2019 round will be interesting to see the sites development progress and the number of fans that return. Comparing it to SA's CBD race, I thought there was a real difference in the attitude of the people attending, mainly less people on the **** and more interest in how teams and categories tackle a new track. (in short, more people interested in the motorsport, rather than the event)

Getting in and out of the track was quite easy for us for 2 of 3 days. Its a little slow in the carpark when leaving but once you were on the highway and reached the 80kmh section it was business as usual.
Except for Sunday after V8s last race. We were stuck for 40 minutes in the one spot watching all other lines moving. We had the Territory so I eventually followed the lead of other 4WDs and hit the dirt until I reached the highway intersection 3 minutes later. Maybe a few more officials required to keep ALL lines moving next time.
Was a great family weekend, I'm glad I made the effort.
Should have hung around to watch the support races which were on after the V8 race. That was ,I assume, designed to lessen the chance of everybody heading out as soon as the V8 race was over. FF was the last race and the open wheel category provided great racing over the weekend, worth staying for.