View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2018, 01:28 (Ref:3847160)   #52
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...?sf196565824=1

Quote:
Asked about the respect between himself and van Gisbergen, McLaughlin said: “People can believe whatever, but I race Shane as hard as I race anyone else.

“We’re racing for a title and it’s going to get hairy in places, but it doesn’t make me race him differently to anyone else.

“I don’t have any anger towards him because I’m racing him in the championship, we just race hard and fair and get on with it

“It’s hard racing, it’s cunning racing. I’ve learnt a lot racing him over the years and I’ve always felt it’s been a fair battle.

“I don’t think he races me different to anyone else and I feel I do exactly the same thing.”
The media is always going to try to beat this up but there is healthy respect here and it is refreshing to see after the likes of Ingall, Ambrose, Winterbottom and others were too aggressive, held grudges and at times it affected their driving & results.