View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3862191)   #23
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
There is no clause that stipulates that impeding another driver can only be penalized if that other driver is on a hotlap (which Kimi still was). Hamilton languished on the racing line for no reason and made a dangerous move too late. Clear cut penalty if there ever was one.
I think the move on Sirotkin was far more dangerous than the move on Kimi.
Hotlap or not: both moves were clumsy and at least one was dangerous.

As for Vettel: that was stupid and clumsy too.

From the coverage, it is unclear when exactly he was called on the weigh bridge. He did 3 runs in Q2. A single lap on supersofts, a outlap - timed lap - inlap on softs, and a outlap - timed lap(?) - inlap at the very end.
Was that when he came in to switch from supersofts to softs? Or after his very last Q2 run?

This has nothing to do with Vettel or not, but I think they should not weigh cars while the session is going on. They should/could do so after qualifying is completed, or after Q1 / Q2 is over.
If they weigh during the session, it seems a bit random and unprifessional to me, and can put cars at a disadvantage.

Last edited by gert; 10 Nov 2018 at 18:31.