Thread: BTCC BTCC 2021
View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4029051)   #1587
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't have any info on it, but when it was mentioned on here yesterday that the third BTC driver was someone who competed in the BTCC last season, but not a full season, my hunch was that it was Edwards.

In my opinion, Edwards is a good "third" driver for BTC. Don't think she has shown anything like the form or ability to be a BTCC-class driver on merit if you're going to be super-critical, but did perfectly OK under the cicumstances in the PMR drive and appeared to be cleaner and safer than many other drivers who have "competed" at the back end of the grid. She also isn't a "chequebook" driver and brings some positive publicity at the back end of the grid. If a team like BTC runs 3 cars, the third car is always going to be piloted with someone who is likely to be very much towards the back of the grid. That is just to be expected.

The problem is their "second" driver. Josh Cook, in a decent car, with a reasonable run of luck is a potential title-challenger. To make that happen though, realistically, they need a much, much better driver than Crees backing him up....!