View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2016, 03:48 (Ref:3608010)   #26
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suppose, I was lucky enough to go to Wimbledon, when the stands were open all the way round, when air horns greeted the drivers coming through the tunnel, when there were grand driver parades, the track was shale, and when Hot Rods passed on the outside. When there were BP nights and when the Winternationals were Televised on World of Sport.

I just look at the way other Countries seem embrace motorsport and their events and the heritage...look at Mettet, the road racing may of stopped, but they built that little circuit on the back of the old pits and now hold "World Rallycross Events", but ensure there are enough banners and posters to remind new spectators of the heritage that has gone before.

In the days of French track rotation for the European Rallycross, I loved the way the local communities supported getting the "European" at their local track. Though sadly in IMG world that is another thing we have lost.

Just getting fed up of the sport I love getting, strangled with ever tighter noise restrictions and regulations.

Not really a banger fan myself, its always been the other formula I go to watch, but I have to say the racing of the last few seasons in the "non national" kind, has been pretty amazing. And you have to admire the effort they put in week in and week out to gets cars on track.