View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3817485)   #263
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
You must be young, because TA was not at a peak 20 years ago.
In the mid 90s, AKA, 20 years ago, Trans Am had it's highest TV viewership and close to(if not the) highest at-track attendance levels in it's history. That is all I was referring to when I say it peaked. After GM and Ford both pulled out, it indeed went downhill VERY fast thanks in no small part to some poor management decisions culminating in the death knell when it was sold to Paul Gentilozzi.

Quote:
As usual, let's take the one bright spot (TA2) and ruin it.
And once again, we come back around to the notion that "TA1.5" will somehow "ruin" TA2 even though that assertion makes ZERO SENSE with the idea that's being laid out.

Allow me to say this one more time as clearly as can be said... The TA1.5 idea is NOT meant to replace TA2. TA2 teams can still run their cars as they are in the TA2 class if they do not wish to upgrade. If the idea does not gain traction then TA1 can be done away with completely and unmodified TA2s could be elevated to headline status.

The entire idea is meant as an effort to cut costs while preserving what makes Trans Am unique, and to so in a manner that not only has a built-in fallback if it fails, but has that fallback running alongside the new idea so that said fallback won't be wiped out.

To say this idea would "ruin" TA2 is like saying the Ginetta G57 ruined LMP3 - I don't think you'll find many people asserting this to be the case.

Last edited by FormulaFox; 26 Apr 2018 at 10:39.