View Single Post
Old 7 May 2018, 02:48 (Ref:3820506)   #65
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
I just watched the race. What happened with the BoP ???!!! from a race to another, we lost entire teams.

I have the feeling that the cars losing laps were paying back in some way, because Braun and even Derani have put resistance out of limit.

Good for Acura and Mazda, good for Lexus too.
I had to watch on delay as well. Which meant I couldn't follow T&S or listen to RLM. I thoroughly enjoyed the race and thought the Fox team actually did a good job with the production. I didn't find the commercials overbearing and ithought the announcers were pretty good as well. There were a couple funny parts too,like how they missed the drop off the green flag because they still had the starting grid graphics on the screen, and when they interviewed Cooper Macneil and we're giving him a hard time about flying on a private jet instead of commercial.

I was pretty surprised by the pace of the Acuras and Mazdas compared to the rest of the field. The caddy's and Nissans were in good balance with the P2 cars though. I was really impressed with the Ligier, they were the top P2, and easily beat the Nissan DPi's that use the same chassis. I still would like to know what happened to the 55 Mazda. They seemed to be going good but apparently had contact with a gtd car causing suspension damage, but I never saw a replay of the incident.

The GT classes were pretty dang good all day too. Glad to see Lexus finally get a win, but they just barely held on at the end with the charging Acura.

Having a race with no yellows was a big plus today. Even though lots of drivers said other drivers were being disrespectful today, everyone kept their wits and there wasn't any carnage. Top job by the drivers.