View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1435403)   #46
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I can add to the Webber debate, a lot of which is old ground. I think that Mark has learnt a lot this year. Coming into the season there was a certain amount of expectation/hype - call it what you will - but he was a driver that had never previously run at the front in F1 and only had a 5th place finish to his name.

What we have seen this season is the performance from somebody with those credentials - learning to run at the front, learning how to pass the Fizzi's, Button's, Barrichello's of F1 - in other words this has been very much a learning season for Mark.

I think we saw some of the fruits of it today. The Webber of early season would have lunged at Massa and risk taking either or both of them off, yet we didn't see that - we saw a driver who tried hard but still made a points finish.

I'll admit I am not great fan of Webber, perhaps that is clouded by how many times we have had to hear about the great things he would achieve this year, despite the lack of an obvious cv to breed such expectation. Maybe his supporters have expected him to run before he can walk, that is my take on it.

I predict he could well be the most improved driver of 2006, with the experience (good and bad) he has garnered this season.